The Work From Home system introduced for the public sector due to the COVID19 outbreak last year has been brought to an end with effect from March 8, the Ministry of Public Services has decided.
This is to ensure that public services are restored to normal.
Accordingly all employees who are unable to report to work will have to apply for leave from their annual quota.
The Heads of Departments of the respective public sector institutions have been directed to maintain health safety measures.
“The responsibility in the delivery of services avoiding the spread of COVID-19 among the staff of the institution as well as the recipients whilst ensuring the health instructions… are properly followed is entrusted to the Heads of Institutions,” a circular issued by the Ministry said.
Meanwhile the Private sector which also provided the same facility of work from home is preparing to restore the normal working hours.
“With part of the population now being vaccinated we hope that the private sector too can stop the facility and the get the full work force back to work”, a head of a leading private sector organisation said.